The school management system is intended to serve as the foundation of your school. It is a management software that is essential in these days of online education and the need for smart classrooms. It provides management software that schools can use to manage their daily operations.
A smart school learning management system improves the efficiency of the school's operations by connecting all stakeholders and departments. It can be used online to manage students, teachers, and staff.
1. Reduce Resources, Increase Efficiency
By using a smart school management system, you can avoid unnecessary tasks such as checking invoices or collecting registration fees. This way, your staff can focus on other important tasks and do what they do best, teach. And your school is smart and secure.
The school management system will help you productively organize your workflow, create a comfortable environment for submitting applications, build trust between the school and parents, and securely store children’s data. It is key to a productive and modern school that saves time and resources.
2. Streamline Information
A good school management system streamlines all of the school's major information flows, including class-related, staff management, finance, and data management. More sophisticated systems also offer portals for you to train and manage your teachers' progression.
- Attendance management – digital attendance-taking, monthly/weekly attendance reports, daily health check feature (e.g. option for logging temperature and symptoms)
- Portfolio – automated portfolio generation, portal for teachers to record student observations
- Daily incident log – on-the-go recording of school incidents for future reference and for the reference of other teachers
- Events calendar – a way to display upcoming events and notices to staff and parents
- Fee reminders for parents – automated reminders sent to parents from the system
- Secure digital transactions – sending automatic receipts for transactions, digital records of all transactions and outstanding fees
- Finance reports – regular financial reports generated from school transactions recorded
- Parents' portal – parent log-in that allows them to view student progress/information, and outstanding fees independently
- Parent-school communication portal – records of all communication between school and parent, secure communication channel to facilitate exchange of sensitive information
3. Increased Convenience
It will be much easier for everyone to use the school management system, by transferring all data from paper to electronic format. School owners, teachers and parents will have quick access to data. It is very convenient because the application can be installed by everyone and, thanks to a flexible and intuitive interface, will facilitate interaction with each other.
4. Increased Data Security
Storing data on paper not only takes up a lot of space but is also unsafe. Over time, paper deteriorates. The data inside the school is confidential because it contains information about teachers and students. The school must protect the personal information of its employees.
With a school management system, personal information, and data of students and employees will be stored in a cloud storage with limited access. Only school administrators will have access to information. The data will be safe and usable, but it will not deteriorate either. Forget data loss. Now, every work and assessment will not be lost but will be kept safe.
5. Improved Education Delivery
A typical day in kindergarten only lasts about 3 hours. This means the majority of the child's day, and learning, occurs outside the classroom. Research has shown that strong communication between the school and the parents can support the learning process outside school. Letting parents know of what their children have been learning in class can help them reinforce the learning points at home.
Fostering children's learning outside school requires regular communication with parents; biannual parent-teacher conferences won't suffice. Whether it's actively having conversations with parents, or passively allowing them to monitor their child's progress, technology can streamline the process.
School management systems, such as LittleLives, allow teachers to take pictures, log activities, and note down learning outcomes on their mobile devices. These records are created on-the-go in class and connected to the parents' app, Little Family Room, which allows parents to remain informed, without requiring extra effort on the teachers' part. Additionally, these regularly created records are consolidated into an automated portfolio for schools to take advantage of when parent-teacher conferences come around - that's another manual task made easier by technology!
To sum it up
A smart school management system is designed to make your life easier. It is the nervous system for your institution around which other technologies are incorporated. It is, in fact, a master plan to regulate administrative operations in a consolidated, integrated, efficient and smooth way to increase the productivity of your school.
If you are still looking for a system that will work well for your school's operations, you can contact LittleLives to see how we can help!